Friday, November 30, 2007

Conference Day


It was a hectic day today. The kids had off due to conferences, and I had to attend three. Luckily the high school doesn't have conferences at this time so that was one less than usual. So early on I had everyone get up so we could be at the gym at 8:30 a.m. The girls are old enough to work out, but the boys still have to stay in the playroom. I had one hour exactly and then it was Vroom! Off home to redress and redo my hair in approximately 7 minutes flat. Note even time to shower unfortunately.

DD#1 asks on the way home, "What are you going to wear? You can't go in your workout clothes." I replied that I was going to wear the suit I made and she just groaned and gave me "that look". Like "homemade" doesn't cut it. Um...those teeny, expensive, flimsy cotton shirts she buys from Hollister don't exactly scream fashion, nor a couture look. Well I walked out the door and had my son take a pic so I could see if the camera's eye was the same perception I had when looking in the mirror. Yes, I still like it.

And today, everyone was rather nice and pleasant to me and treated me intelligently. Kind of goes back to "dress the way you want to be treated." I felt important too :) ! It just felt good.

Now off to my new dressy outfit, of which I will post the dress and fabric tomorrow.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Tell DD#1 that her taste will change as her ability to wear those tiny shrunken tops diminishes! From one 40-something to another, I think you look fabulous and I'd be pleased to walk out of my house looking like that. So there!

Connie B said...

That outfit looks Great with a capital T! I love the jacket especially.

Cennetta said...

Wow!! Too Chic; Sophisticated Lady! I love it. You look fabulous.