Sunday, January 6, 2008

A WIP

As in Work-In-Progress. Here is my handbag from Kenneth King's Soft Handbag Construction class thus far. Today I made 3 Dior roses, completed the straps, and inserted/pinned the lining. The roses, straps, and lining are still not permanently attached. I'm awaiting for some advice from Kenneth right now before proceeding further. I need to get some skinny, pale green ribbon to hang from the roses. Also, will hot-fix some light green crystals to the bag as well. Give me a week and it will probably be finished. Nothing is ever fast for me.

Now I need to make a matching top or dress. Shouldn't it be the other way around? :)

4 comments:

Connie B said...

Nice bag! I was thinking about taking that class, but life got in the way! Glad you are enjoying it, and thanks for the recommendation!

kasizzle said...

Sounds like a fun class. And cute purse!

Rhoto said...

Is your purse ever pretty & feminine & soft!! Doesn't look like the huge, "I'm running away from home" bags popular here in Montreal!! Tee! Hee!
Warm greetings,
Rhonda

Cennetta said...

Cute bag; love the roses. I think you should go where your inspiration leads you. Purse first, dress/top later. It's all good.