Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Here is my Mother's Day present to my mother. She's probably a bit upset with me because she thinks I forgot or didn't get her anything. But I've been working and finally finished.

My second red leather purse, this time a clutch:


Rhonda asked about the closure. Yes, under the flap is a gold magnetic snap. On the inside is shiny, black lining my sister purchased for me from Paron's in NYC last Christmas. She bought me about 10 yards or thereabouts so there is PLENTY for future projects. The purse pattern did not include a pocket so I drafted one for the inside. I'll do a review of it soon.

Alexandra, yes you have to get some leather :) ! It has been a learning experience for me but the leather bags are so "showy" and rich-looking. I experienced a lightbulb moment last fall when I was wearing clothes that I just made but they were constantly covered up with an uninspiring, boring RTW coat or jacket and black vinyl purse. So I decided to sew some fancy coats and purses. Now if I could just add some fancy shoes...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous! I want one just like it. :)

Jodi

Keely said...

I'm sure your Mother will forgive you when she sees this. It's lovely!

Rhoto said...

Darling!! Feminine!! Chic!! Fun!! The bow is velvet, eh??
I wish I was your Dear Mom!! Tee! Hee!
Rhonda in Montreal

Linda L said...

I love this! I like the black bow, an elegant touch!

Cindy said...

That is just fantastic! I love it.

Alexandra said...

I am so coveting that red clutch right now it's not even funny! What an awesome purse!

MichelleB said...

Wow, that looks great! Love it.

angie.a said...

Ooh, very snazzy bag. Your mom will love it!!

Cennetta said...

Kat, Now that is one beautiful jazzy little bag.