Thursday, September 25, 2008

Back in Business!

Today I was at Walmart and picked up a new Universal 32 in 1 card reader as well as an SD thumb drive. So it's a good feeling to be back in business with my pics. While I was there, I picked up some fall fabric and dowel rods for my wall hangings. The sewing department clerks LOVED my embroidered designs and the fabric I picked to go with them.

I did check out fall fabric online, but it was quite expensive and not to my liking. For some reason, two of the Walmarts I visit in my area always seem to have nice holiday cotton prints at a VERY reasonable price. The fabrics were around $4/yard. One of my local fabric stores (which sells mostly quilting cottons) has lovely fabric too, but I didn't feel like spending $9/yard!

So here are two of my stitched out designs with the fabric I plan to use for backing. I may mix and match them too.





The bad news for today is that it didn't rain! DH and I have to be in 3 places at once tonight for the kids, and it's so hectic. Some of the activities could still be cancelled, but waiting for the what if's just ruins my day.

On a side note, if you would like a nice cyber vacation, take a hop on over to Susan's blog. She was just in Seattle has several posts about it. Warning: don't visit if you're hungry ;) !

4 comments:

2BSewing: said...

Your fabric selections are beautiful. As usual, I love the colors you picked out. They match your embroidered designs perfectly. I need to get on the ball and start doing some embroidery...especially with Christmas right around the corner. Also, my DH wants me to do some embroidery for him. I really should take care of his request since he got me the machine.

Glad you enjoyed my blog and you are sooo kind. I'm still going through food withdrawals and hard to get back to normal food routine.

Can't wait to see your finished products. Keep up the great work that you do.

Anonymous said...

Those look gorgeous!

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Those are beautiful! I really want an embroidery machine. So expensive though! Maybe I can talk him into one for Xmas. LOL. Thanks so much for your kind words Kat. XO. Kim

Cennetta said...

Your designs are lovely as well as the fabric you selected. I really like the fabric department at Walmart's. You can find some very good buys there.