Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No Big News.


No big news on the homefront. Last night I custom drafted a pattern to copy this Simplicity dress (green version/lower right) for DD#2's semi-formal in May. Today I'm adding in the appropriate amount of ease and creating the lower skirt portion of the dress. I'm hoping to have a muslin done by this weekend, and we'll need to shop for fabric. Hopefully, JoAnn's will be having a good sale because there's nowhere else to shop for special occasion fabric. I don't trust shopping online for her. She has to feel the fabric first to make sure it's not "itchy" or whatever. Working on business "stuff" too.

More later.

3 comments:

Cennetta said...

Drafting..., Nice. Please show us your process.

gwensews said...

Ha! Isn't that "itchy or whatever" just typical of young people? Funny. Mom will make a beautiful thing for her.

Rhoto said...

Dear Kat!
Thanks for such a very nice comment left on my blog!! I had been "eyeing" hairpieces, too...
Where in PA are you located?
You'll be the first US place I'll "stop in"!!
Soft hugsss,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)