Friday, August 7, 2009

The Mini "Maxi"--McCall's 5893







Here's my mini version of McCall's 5893. Previously I made the maxi dress--love, love, love it! I like the short mini version too. DH says it's kind of retro? Think 1960's.

I don't know about that. But it's cool. It's breezy. Feels like I'm wearing pajamas just like the maxi dress. My kind of outfit :) . If only all outfits could be like this! Here are two pics of the front and one of the back. Even picked up some little flats on clearance. Not the prettiest, but far better than what's in the shoe department in my closet. The fabric is an ITY print from Spandex World in NYC, and it's a dream to sew up.

7 comments:

Tee said...

cute!

Keely said...

So pretty and summery!

Erica Bunker said...

Very cute and summery!

Cennetta said...

Another winner. Great use of the pattern.

ConnieB said...

Beautiful dress!! Hope you have lots of warm weather in which to sport that great look! Congrats on the new machine too!

Kacie said...

I like your style!! Your mini maxi dress is looking great and the print is also nice!!

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Pretty colors on you and cute length!